Addition Fun!

Today in our maths session we did vertical addition. We played a fun vertical addition game. We worked in a group with one of our friends. We had to roll two, three, four or five nine sided dice and make a larger number. We then turned this into an equation. We had to solve the equation. We checked all our adding on the calculator. If our answers were wrong we had to go back and check to see why it was wrong and what we should do to fix it.

We worked really hard and we learnt a lot  from it! It improved our prior knowledge of addition.

We had a very enjoyable session.

Here are some links that you may like to check out! The links can be found in Fun Links below.

Mummy Maths

http://www.ictgames.com/funkymum.html

Basket Ball Addition:

http://www.math-play.com/one-digit-addition-game.html

8 Comments on “Addition Fun!

1. Hey Beth! I really like the new games you put on the blog! I only got time to show my sister the mummy maths game. We got someone from Finland to visit the classroom blog! Isn’t it cool we’ve already got quite a few people visiting the blog? I love it!

2. Hey Melina,
    That is so cool that you got someone to come in from Finland.That person can tell his family and friends and then that person can tell his family and friends and so on.There will be so many people come on, there will be up to 100!

3. I’m glad that your class is doing lots of Maths. I found the Mummy Maths funny but it’s too easy for Zara. Free Rice is excellent! Keep enjoying your classroom time 🙂
    From Kathleen (Zara’s mum)

4. Hello again it’s me Luca I can’t wait till we can do vertical addition again in class and I think that addition paragraph we did in class is really good. Any way what I am really trying to say is that I love vertical addition!!!!!

5. I just had a look at the blog and saw a new flag come up.386 people have had look at our blog and we have 11 flags.jared :):):):):):):)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

• these links are fun and a little bit funny i think you should put more maths links up on the blog

6. 101 people visited our blog i think one could be germany asswell i saw 12 flag encounters